A complete solution for capturing and viewing the complete range of business documents
All companies have to cope with business-critical, paper-centric processes, such as order management, accounts payable, and contract management. The speed, precision, and cost-efficiency of each of these processes is driven by the degree to which structured data (from business applications like SAP Business Suite) is integrated with unstructured business documents (such as incoming paper documents or electronic office documents). These business documents need to be captured, and readily accessible after they have been captured.
OpenText Imaging accommodates the need to scan paper documents and the need to view electronic documents. It covers both aspects of business document integration—capturing documents from various sources including scanners, faxes, email, and other office applications, and retrieving documents for users in many different environments, including in remote offices and via the Internet.
The OpenText Imaging solution provides interfaces for integration with workflow, OpenText Archive Server, OpenText Content Server, and other business applications. With OpenText Imaging, documents can be captured, archived, and linked to all types of business objects within enterprise applications.
- Eliminate the costs of storing paper by digitizing paper documents
- Reduce risks by capturing business documents in a secure, long-term archive
- Improve process efficiency by integrating documents with transactions in enterprise applications
- Increase information worker productivity by making all documents easily accessible
The Enterprise Scan feature of OpenText Imaging:
- Scales from hundreds to many thousands of documents per day.
- Supports complex business processes by integrating with and initiating SAP Webflow, OpenText BPM Server, or Content Server workflows.
- Integrates with Content Server, including single sign-on and scanning directly from a Content Server folder.
- Integrates with SAP Business Suite applications, supporting SAP ArchiveLink and interchange of metadata between SAP systems and Content Server.
- Provides built-in barcode support and automatic document separation.
- Provides sophisticated pre-indexing capabilities, including pick lists and sticky fields.
- Provides full-page views with the ability to zoom.
- Generates scanned documents in TIFF, PDF, Searchable PDF, or PDF/A formats.
The DesktopLink feature of OpenText Imaging:
- Integrates with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowing users to store and archive office documents directly from the originating application and link them to the appropriate transactions in business applications.
- Stores and archives documents in Microsoft Windows Explorer via drag-and-drop or the file menu.
- Stores documents in their original format or renders them in standard formats, such as TIFF or PDF, for long-term archiving and readability.
The OpenText Imaging ExchangeLink and OpenText Imaging NotesLink options:
- Archive and link Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes emails or email attachments to the appropriate transaction in the enterprise application (such as SAP ERP), allowing the email to be searched and displayed directly within the enterprise application.
The Web Viewer, Java Viewer, and Windows Viewer features of OpenText Imaging:
- Scroll, rotate, and zoom via an easy-to-use thumbnail view of document pages.
- Append documents with notes that are automatically tagged with the current date, time, and user name.
- Add, edit, and view annotations, including drawing elements such as arrows, lines, mark, checkmarks, and text elements.
- Support form overlays, enabling documents to be displayed together in the original form in which they were printed.
- Print or save documents locally, with automatic document rendering.
- Perform free text search in documents like ASCII, ALF (Advanced List Format), and OTF (Output Text Format) documents.
- Support ASCII, ALF, OTF, TIFF/FAX, and JPEG formats. PDF documents are supported in Web Viewer and Windows Viewer.