OpenText Assure for ITSM
- Product Details
Improve IT service delivery and lower service costs with Assure for IT Service Management
IT service organizations are faced with big challenges every day. They are expected to provide improved service levels to employees, while increasing the types of services offered, and do it with shrinking service delivery budgets.
Assure for IT Service Management (ITSM) was designed to help IT organizations break out of their service delivery tug of war. It provides solutions that manage the entire IT service delivery process, from request and ticket generation, to research, analysis, issue resolution, and knowledge capture. It can be deployed quickly, manage a wide variety of service requests, and handle from small volumes to tens of thousands of requests per day.
The out-of-the-box service components with Assure for ITSM means it takes just configuration - not coding - to implement a full IT service desk system in as little as 30 days. These components provide a strong ITIL-based service delivery framework, and ensure your solution reflects industry best practices for IT service excellence. And the service components with Assure for ITSM are integrated with OpenText’s industry-leading MBPM business process management platform, so your solutions are as powerful as they are flexible.
Assure for ITSM is an advanced solution that provides:
- Personalized services and self-help for employees
- A multi-function and efficient workspace for the IT team
- Dashboards, analytics and reporting
- Industry-leading support for continual service improvement
- Quick deployment
- A scalable, enterprise-grade platform
Assure for IT Service Management (ITSM) is a robust IT service management solution that meets the needs of the largest user IT organizations and user populations, with a host of services for each set of constituents. It allows organizations to align their service delivery with the ITIL framework and take advantage of the best practices incorporated in that framework.
It also has been designed specifically for a phased-implementation approach. This means that Assure will enable you to develop a new service delivery solution and deploy quickly, but as the solution is deployed and processes further refined, it can change to meet the specific needs of your business.
For a rapid solution deployment, there are specific Phase I services that will allow you to experience the benefits of Assure in the shortest possible time. These include:
- Request Fulfillment
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Knowledge Management
- Inbound & Outbound Mail
- Survey Management
- Inquiry Management
- Task Management
- Shopping Basket
- Skills Management
More advanced services can be deployed over time, and continue to enhance the service delivery experience, including:
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- IT Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
Our knowledgeable professional services team and consultants can help you implement effective IT strategy management, business relationship management and service portfolio management. We provide guidance on and best-practice models for effective design coordination, transition planning, service validation and testing.
Personalized Services and Self-help
For employees requesting services, Assure for ITSM provides users with intuitive access to IT services via a personalized web portal or mobile application. The Assure self service capability provides each employee with the ability to:
- Manage information (including self-audit of assigned equipment)
- Make requests
- Report incidents
- Track the progress of requests
- Access self-help articles and IT documentation
- Search for information and services
- Provide feedback or suggestions via survey forms
- Receive notifications and updates
- Authorize requests from other employees (for line managers)
In addition to the web and mobile self-service, Assure supports communication via email, chat (desktop Instant Messaging) and telephony systems.
For Service Delivery Agents
Your IT support team can also access Assure via web or mobile applications, to view their assigned work and tickets. Assure supports your team through:
- Structured processes for fulfilling requests, resolving incidents and implementing changes
- Comprehensive knowledge management capabilities
- Automated handling of inbound/outbound email
- Team member skills profiles to aid collaboration
- Integrated chat facility
- Access to data in core business systems
- Integration with IT systems such as SNMP management tools, SCOM, SCCM etc.
Service team performance can be graphically presented via KPI dashboards.
Advance Reporting and Analytics
Assure for ITSM includes extensive reporting, dashboard, and analytics capabilities. IT service delivery managers can quickly and easily spot process inefficiencies and bottlenecks, and discover areas for process improvement. There are over 100 reports and dashboards to help your IT managers optimize their:
- Productivity: Understand your team workload and assign activities using live dashboards
- Insight: Identify issues related to activities, procedures, team members or cases via clear reports
- Performance: Measure the requests for IT services and the outcomes delivered
The ability of managers to see this clearly into their operations powers the continuous enhancement of their service delivery, and provide higher service levels and increased organizational efficiency.
Assure is built on the enterprise-grade BPM engine from OpenText, providing industry leading integration capabilities, to include:
- IT systems, such as SNMP managers, SCOM, SCCM, Asset Discovery and Password Management
- OpenText products such as LearnFlex, Content Server, Capture Center, etc.
- Microsoft business systems such as Active Directory and Exchange Server
- A wide range of legacy systems, including CRM, ERP, SCM, etc.
Assure for ITSM is a unique approach to IT service delivery that is being used by two of the five largest IT Service Desks in the world to manage everything from mobile devices to cloud services.
When you need to roll out new IT services in less time, meet the increasing demands of constituents, and reduce the operations costs of providing IT services, then Assure for ITSM is the right platform.
Download more information about OpenText Assure for ITSM: